50 Cent dropped The Lost Tape this afternoon (May 22), and if you've been waiting like nine years for 50 to drop something as good as his classic Get Rich or Die Tryin', this mixtape's as close as you're going to get.
You can download the tape here and let us know what you think of it in the comments! But before you do, here are my five best parts:
5. It's not corny: 50 Cent's been a little corny for a while, from when Kanye outsold him in 2007 to his poorly reviewed last few albums. But 50 Cent is not corny on this tape. He sounds like classic 2002 Fiddy. I promise.
4. 8track's beat on "You a Killer.. Cool": This is the kind of beat that almost anybody could sound good over: a driving horn blast, a building drum beat and a little electronic note that sounds like the little ping noise your PC makes when you click in the wrong place. 50 does right by it.
3. Precious Paris sounds like Lil' Kim: 50's new female protege Precious Paris, who's been unremarkable thus far, hops on "Remain Calm" with 50 Cent and Snoop Dogg and comes close to slaying both of them.
2. 50's flow on "I Ain't Gonna Lie": 50 hasn't sounded as laid back as he does on "I Ain't Gonna Lie" in about, well, ever. But it takes him a second because he screams on the intro for a while!
1. Kidd Kidd: 50 Cent must have grabbed rapper Kidd Kidd out of the free agency pool after Lil Wayne let him go, and it seems like it could be the best staff acquisition of 50's career (I see you, Game). Kidd Kidd is funny as hell, he's an old pro at this rapping stuff now and he and 50 must be on the same wavelength because the latter moved him into his mansion.