Fashionable hipsters flocked to the Wythe Hotel on a warm, breezy evening in Williamsburg, Brooklyn last night for an intimate show by Harlem native Azealia Banks kicking off New York Fashion Week.
Banks is on a frenzy with another performance tonight at MAC Cosmetics for Fashion's Night Out. However, last night the rapper got the crowd crazed at SPIN and Refinery 21's Fashion Week party with her short, 30-minute set that included “F--k up the Fun” and “1991,” SPIN reports.
Banks, channeling a bit of Madonna wearing a black cone-bra bustier, did her thing along with her two backup dancers also in black. Oh, yeah, and Brooklyn-based duo Isabel and Derek Hands of Hunters opened up, or shall we say screamed it up.
If you want to experience Banks for yourself, and it is an experience, check her out tonight, or any of these other fine acts for Fashion's Night Out... and the best part is all these parties/performances are free! (Most FNO events begin at 6pm so get going, like, now). Also, be sure to read SPIN's cover story on Banks in their latest issue.
- Azealia Banks at MAC Cosmetics, 506 Broadway
- DJ Solange Knowles at DVF, 874 Washington Street
- St. Vincent at Rag & Bone, 119 Mercer Street
- We Were Promised Jetpacks and the Lonely Forest at Rockefeller Center
- Albert Hammond, Jr. at Converse, Bloomingdale's Soho, 504 Broadway
- Three 6 Mafia, Supreme, 75 Clarkson Street
- Icona Pop to DJ at Helmut Lang, 93 Mercer Street
- Alexa Chung to DJ at Moschino, 401 West 14th Street
- Cyndi Lauper at Manolo Blahnik, 31 West 54th Street
- Yoko Ono, Swarovski Crystallized, 499 Broadway
- Maxwell at Jean Michel Cazabat, 530 Bleecker Street
- Chairlift at Prada, 575 Broadway
- Theophilus London at Rose Baat the Gramercy Hotel, 2 Lexington Avenue
- Maria Minerva at Urban Outfitters, 628 Broadway