US rapper Kanye West acknowledges the public following his Spring/Summer 2012 ready-to-wear collection show, on October 1, 20

According to a report on, lawyers for Kanye West have issued a takedown notice for the images posted online from a sex tape featuring West and an unidentified woman. The takedown notice demands the immediate removal of any photo stills taken from the tape, but, more importantly, it confirms the tape's existence.

The notice, which was sent to and other media outlets, said in part: "Your posting, advertising, marketing, displaying and otherwise disseminating the stolen Screen Shot and/or other materials on the Tape constitute actionable violations of Mr. West’s rights of privacy and publicity. We hereby demand that you: (1) immediately cease and desist from posting, advertising, marketing, displaying and disseminating the illegally obtained Screen Shot of Mr. West."

News of the sex tape first broke last week, when RadarOnline received a copy of the 20-minute video, which allegedly shows West having sex with an 18-year-old dead ringer for Kim Kardashian. Radar then said they could "verify without a doubt that it is Kanye in the footage," and now it seems as though they were right.

On Friday, Fuse spoke with Steven Hirsch, the founder of Vivid Entertainment, the self-proclaimed “World Leader in Sex Tapes.” According to Hirsch, the tape could “be worth up to a couple million dollars.”