It wouldn't be a Kanye West performance without a rambling, boastful rant, would it? Saturday night in Atlantic City, during 'Ye's second gig in a three-night stand at the Revel Hotel & Casino, the rapper that we love and know went on a mid-show tirade, venting about all that pisses him off. Thankfully/unfortunately, Kanye removed the snow monster mask he wore onstage Friday night.
Here are the five things we learned from Kanye's onstage rant/rap:
1. "It won't be long now." To paraphrase West in this tirade: it won't be long until technology allows us to basically do anything. Perhaps as a nod to Steve Jobs, one of West's idols who the rapper once called an "inspiring and influential human being."
2. Paris is the best city to host a fashion show. Yep, despite negative reviews on 'Ye's clothing collection, he still thinks he chose correctly by unveiling his new line there. And Kanye knows fashion, okay?
3. "I ain't crazy. I'm just not satisfied." It's clear West is angry about the media's perception of him, but as he states below, he's doing it for us!
4. "I just want ya'll to have more." And more of West could be a double-edge sword, but either way, we'll take it.
5. "Don't expect to see me at the Grammys!" Though he's nominated for six Grammys this year, West still holds a grudge for previous snubs, including that loss to Maroon 5 for Best New Artist in 2005.
Can't wait to see what tonight's show will bring. Until then, enjoy West's rant below.
What kind of time warp?! '90s (and early 2000s) rock icons Fred Durst, Scott Weiland and Mark McGrath get photobombed by '70s icon Wayne Newton, aka Mr. Las Vegas. This should be all these guys' Christmas cards.