Ellie Goulding has had a big year—she toured the world as her debut album Lights continued ruling the charts, then the 26-year-old singer-songwriter closed 2012 with the release of her second album Halcyon, which landed her in the top 10 on both sides of the Atlantic. But Ellie tells Billboard that 2013 will be just as "mental" with more shows, a new side-project and some X Games-style recreation with skydiving.
"I'd like to do a side-project thing," she said. "I might be bringing out something next year. We'll see how much time I have."
Ellie. Don't risk your life. Instead, ditch that life-threatening "sport" of skydiving and spend the extra time ensuring that this side-project happens, and fast. And, Ellie, if you need help picking guest artists for the project, look no further. Here are five artists we think would be a perf match, musically that is.
1. Skrillex: The former couple called it quits earlier this year, but the two supposedly remain friends and have worked together in the past, so a killer, heart-pounding dubstep project could lead to a joint tour and a reconciliation, perhaps...? Okay, we’re getting ahead of ourselves.
2. Ed Sheeran: If anyone knows good love ballads it’s Sheeran, so teaming up with Goulding on a dance/ singer-songwriter project could catapult these two to super-duper stardom.
3. Taylor Swift: We already know Swift has a major crush on Goulding. And there's one thing these two cute blondes have in common: plenty relationships gone sour. Merge Swift’s knack for writing catchy breakup songs with Goulding’s magical voice and you've got the best female collaboration since Brandy and Monica.
4. Kanye West: Aside from being one of the best rappers, West is also a genius producer and he loves working with new artists. We can totally see him being completely infatuated with Goulding's spirited lyrics. Fingers crossed.
5. Justin Bieber: Alright so this is kind of a stretch but just imagine Goulding’s ethereal sound with Bieber’s pop beats. And now imagine the video. Holy crap!
Who do you want Ellie to work with in 2013?
What kind of time warp?! '90s (and early 2000s) rock icons Fred Durst, Scott Weiland and Mark McGrath get photobombed by '70s icon Wayne Newton, aka Mr. Las Vegas. This should be all these guys' Christmas cards.