The BRIT Awards—England's funnier, boozier take on the Grammys—went down Wednesday night at London's O2 arena (here's the winners), and boy, oh boy, was it full of memorable moments. Here are the 10 best highlights.
1. Taylor Swift strutting onstage in a long, sexy dress (whew, those legs, girl!) and the crack TV editors cutting straight to Swift's ex Harry Styles. I bet you're missing that, huh dude?
2. Foo Fighters leader/Sound City doc director Dave Grohl confirming that he's heading back to Los Angeles to start recording new Foos material. Rad.
3. Lana Del Rey's acceptance speech, in which she claimed she lives in London (she was recently photographed walking her dogs at home in L.A.) and thanking her label for helping her transform her life "into a beautiful work of art." Let's consult MoMA's curator about that.
4. The deer-in-the-headlights look host James Corden flashed returning from each commercial break.
5. Corden asking Robbie Williams what he thought of Taylor Swift's performance, and Williams bruskly proclaiming, "She's fit!"
6. Frank Ocean's short acceptance speech, during which he reflected on how far he's come since working at a fast food restaurant, then, as if to drive that point home, he thanked Damien Hirst for the polka dots on his statue.
7. Presenter Ed Sheeran, who usually wears rumbled jeans and a hoodie, wearing instead a rumbled black-on-black suit, looking like an awkward high school junior who rented it for the prom.
8. Corden delivering the night's worst and hardest-to-decipher joke when he introduced Justin Timberlake's performance: "He’s even more versatile than a Bird’s Eye potato waffle," Corden said. "He’s 95% beefcake, with a little touch of horse..."
9. During their acceptance speech for Best British Group, Mumford & Sons rolled their eyes at being in the same category at One Direction.
10. Sharon Osbourne, who presented for International Female Solo Artist, was dressed like Michael Jackson and joked about Harry Styles: "Where is that little Harry Potter boy?" she asked. "Has he got his little magic stick with him tonight? That’s his willy."