Michelle Obama is so down with the kids, and in an effort to further her anti-obesity campaign, the FLOTUS is utilizing what those at-risk youths love and cherish most: Double Stuffed Oreos! I mean, hip hop, duh!
As part of her anti-obesity program "Let's Move!," Obama—or as one Fuse staffer suggested, FLO-BAMA—is teaming with Jordin Sparks, Ashanti, Matisyahu, Blink-182's Travis Barker, Ariana Grande, Run DMC's Darryl "DMC" McDaniels and many others to release a hip hop album this September. According to Politico, the 19-track effort is called Songs for a Healthier America and will feature singing and rapping about eating vegetables and staying positive. Obama doesn't perform on the LP, but will appear in a series of music videos to be distributed to schools in major cities.
The first single, "Everybody," has arrived with a back-and-forth rap cameo from TV personality Dr. Oz and Doug E. Fresh. Really. There's even a track called "Veggie Luv" featuring Monifah, and another with Matisyahu, Grande, and Barker performing as a trio called Salad Bar. Really.
Guys, what rhymes with broccoli?
1. "Everybody" Featuring Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Ryan Beatty, Artie Green, Dr. Oz and the Hip Hop Doc
2. "U R What You Eat" Featuring Salad Bar, Matisyahu, Travis Barker & Ariana Grande
3. "Let's Move" Featuring Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Easy AD, and Chauncey Hawkins
4. "Just Believe" Featuring Ashanti, Artie Green, Gerry Gunn, Robbie Nova, and Chauncey Hawkins
5. "Veggie Luv" Featuring Monifah and J Rome
6. "Hip Hop FEET" Featuring DMC, Artie Green, and Chauncey Hawkin
7. "Stronger" Written by Shuqui Autrey, Everett Bradley, and Gregg Parratto. Featuring Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. "Give Myself a Try" Featuring Ryan Beatty
9. "Jump Up (It's a Good Day) Let's Move Version" Featuring Brady Rymer and the Little Band that could
10. "Hip Hop LEAN" Featuring Artie Green
11. "Pass the Rock" Featuring Iman Schumpert and Artie Green
12. "Good Living" Featuring Ashthon Jones
13. "Beautiful" Featuring Artie Green and Daisy Grant
14. "Change the Game" Featuring The Happiness Club and Naledge
15. "Wanna Jump (Let's Move)" Words and Music by Paul Burch. Featuring Paul Burch & WPA Ballclub
16. "Mother May I?" Featuring Amelia Robinson
17. "We Like Vegetables" Featuring Los Barkers!
18. "Get Up, Sit Up" Featuring Ian James and Ricky Baitz
19. "One Step Forward" Featuring Samite