Kanye West jumped on the air with DJ Envy and Charlamagne tha God on Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club on Friday morning, and the result was a candid hourlong talk. (Just like the 2013 appearance, which was as awesome as it was awkward.) To get straight into one of the biggest moments, here's 'Ye teasing the possibility of an album with Drake:
"I'm just gonna go ahead and give y'all a soundbite that y'all want, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, where the 'Wolves' song came from, 'cause maybe it'll promote this happening… The 'Wolves' song came from a conversation that me and Drake had where we was gonna do an album together, and the album was called Wolves. I asked him and we talked about it and he said yeah, we was gonna do it, he was sending beats back and forth. It might happen 'cause I threw that out there. But he's probably gonna be mad that I mentioned it on your show."
Kanye also said Drake recently inspired him to re-sharpen his musical focus, eventually leading Yeezus to put a verse on Big Sean's "Blessings," which also features Drake. Now, 11 more things else we learned from the Breakfast Club interview:
1. Kanye doesn't regret his perturbed comments about Beck's big GRAMMY win. "The person that won the most was Beck, because if I hadn't done that, his Album of the Year would've never been mentioned. Now it's in allll the chatter: Kanye West messes up again. … He should win an award for what he did—Rock Album or something like that—but he shouldn't've won that award, in my opinion. But who am I to have an opinion?" Watch the clip below (and watch the full interview up top):
2. He might care a little more about the GRAMMYs than he used to. Kim convinced him to take his 21 statues out of the bathroom and display them. "And I think I deserve more."
3. He's happy to explain what to expect from his seventh solo album. "Bars. Songs. Y'know, cookout—music that just feels good. My last album was a protest in music. I was like, 'I'm gonna take my ball and go home. If y'all ain't gonna let me play what I wanna play and do clothes and do this…' But this album's just embracing the music, embracing joy, and just being of service to the people."
4. The album's 80 percent done. "I'm trying to get it finished, I'm trying to get it to the people as soon as possible."
5. Don't hope to hear a release date. "100 percent: Release dates is played out. So the surprise is gonna be the surprise," Kanye said, immediately adding: "There goes the surprise."
6. Kanye wouldn't imagine having an issue with Kim Kardashian West's recent ass-tastic, internet-breaking Paper magazine cover. "She can get naked if she wants to."
7. Kanye is onboard with Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" tirade against "skinny bitches." "My daughter has a chance of being shaped like my wife. So until she—between this age and till the age when she's like that, I'm gonna be fighting for this shape to be considered the highest of class. Well not the highest of class, but equal to what someone looks at a skinny model for."
8. There's no bad blood between Beyoncé and Kim. "Nah, they love each other. They respect each other. When Beyoncé's working on her album, she has, like, pictures of Kim on the wall because Kim represents powerful women. Kim'll be playing…'7/11,' that video, for our daughter. They definitely respect each other."
9. Kanye's got no time for the recent kerfuffle involving his ex, Amber Rose, who took shots at 25-year-old Tyga for dating 17-year-old Kylie Jenner, Kim's sis. (Damn, what a mouthful. And what a situation.) "If Kim had dated me when I first wanted to be with her, it wouldn't be an Amber Rose." There's also a comment about how many showers 'Ye had to take post-Amber/pre-Kim, which, blech, c'mon, man.
10. He's fine with whatever Tyga and Kylie have going. "They're closer in age than a lot of relationships I know."
11. And he's not as in love with AutoTune as you think. "I don't like AutoTune either but I need it. 'Cause I can like bend my voice in other ways, like at the end of 'Runaway' and everything. I like to do that."
Watch the whole Kanye West Breakfast Club interview above.