Move over Grammys, Emmys, Oscars, AMAs, BRITs—it's time to focus on the Kids' Choice Awards. The fan-voted pop culture ceremony show took place Saturday night at the Forum in Los Angeles. Nickelodeon captured the madness on camera (it's airing nonstop on their channel right...now) but even an army of media folk couldn't document every single thing. We were in the audience, and we've got a list of some of the mayhem you didn't get to see!
1) The orange carpet requires sunglasses. You know why all your favorite celebs appear to be squinting in so many press shots? That spot is bright...and totally unique to the Kids' and Teen Choice Awards!
2) Lots of the peeps sitting in and around your faves were stagehands...and fans! The crowd-seating isn't as organized as it appears.
3) The staff were freaking out just as much as the kids. Everyone had a great time—a woman in charge of the orange carpet told me she fell in love with Fifth Harmony. Then Camila Cabello told her she had a nice smile. Awww.
4) No one ran around as much as host Nick Jonas. Even though the boy band-turned-Justin Timberlake-esque sex god wasn't on camera the entire time and only changed once after his opening performance, he had to move from platform to platform in minutes. Good thing he's in shape, huh?
5) The surprise guests were...actual surprises. No one knew about Jennifer Lopez's super great appearance, or that she would award Nick Jonas the Favorite Male Singer award.
6) Commercial breaks were just as entertaining as the actual event. Dudes in orange Ghostbusters-y jumpsuits dances around the giant venue. Some carried T-shirt guns, shooting commemorative gifts high into the crowd, directing their shots at the most energetic fans. A DJ spun Top 40 hits, like Maroon 5's "Sugar" and every Jessie J song on our green earth.
7) 5 Seconds of Summer breaking it down to said DJ. Michael Clifford was going at it during the breaks. So, ladies and gentlemen, your favorite Aussie boys are just as crazy and fun loving in real life.
8) There was no booze at the KCAs. Not even for us grown-ups. It was unnecessary, the place was a total natural high, but sorry, chaperones.
9) Women with poodles paraded around the venue's grounds. Okay, I only saw one, but it was a strange sight. Why was the dog there? Was he/she part of Nickelodeon's insane backstage set up? Some things are better left a mystery...