Scott Weiland’s toxicology testing has reportedly been finished, and revealed that the rock star died from a mix of drugs and alcohol.
According to TMZ, a toxicology report from the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found that Weiland overdosed on a mix of cocaine, ecstasy and alcohol. A Hennepin County search warrant and affidavit previously showed that the 48-year-old, who died alone on his tour bus on Dec. 3, was surrounded by an “unknown white substance packaged in baggies” and various pills in his bedroom.
The toxicology report also reportedly says that heart disease and asthma were “significant” factors in Weiland’s death. Weiland’s cause of death was previously released as cardiac arrest.
The frontman of Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver had struggled with substance abuse for years prior to his death. Click here to read what Blink-182’s Travis Barker had to say about Weiland’s untimely passing and addiction.
Larry Busacca/Getty Images