UPDATE: Big Freedia is now a sanctioned World Record holder!
Hundreds of twerkers flocked to New York's Herald Square on September 25 to help the New Orleans musician and Queen of Bounce set The GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS ® for Most People Twerking Simultaneously. Couldn't join the dance party? Fuse was on-site to catch all the twerking action.
Watch Freedia and her fans boogie down:
Who says only Miley Cyrus can twerk on the big stage?
Get ready for the twerk fest to end all twerk fests! Join Fuse and New Orleans bounce queen Big Freedia for an epic twerking event in the streets of New York City, where we'll attempt to set The GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS ®for Most People Twerking Simultaneously—and we need YOUR help!
Grab a friend or two—or five—for what's sure to be a history-making dance party. And after you break it down with hundreds of other twerk fans, keep dancing along to an exclusive live performance by Freedia herself.
For those of you who will be in the NYC area, check out the event details below:
Date: Wednesday, September 25
Time: 11:30AM - 1:00 PM
Location: Herald Square (34th St & 6th Ave) in Manhattan, New York City
Want to join Freedia's dance party? RSVP at our Facebook page, and don't forget to follow @FuseTV and tweet using #BigFreedia.
Also, make sure you're aware of the official twerking rules and guidelines for this event:
1. Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
2. Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
3. Twerking action cannot come from knees. Hips only!
4. Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted. No hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
5. Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
6. All participants must twerk simultaneously for TWO MINUTES when Big Freedia gives the signal
7. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire TWO MINUTES will be deducted from the final total
Got it? Bring your best twerk moves, and we'll see you in Herald Square!
Catch the series premiere of Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce Wednesday, October 2 at 11/10c on Fuse!