This Week In History: Madonna's Self-Titled Album, Tony Hawk's 900 & More
Need a history lesson? You've come to the right place. We here at Fuse are looking back at the events that transpired on July 25 to July 31 in years past. In our video series, This Week in History, we're dishing up a bunch of pop culture moments that'll make you a little smarter and in the know.
A few notables include:
- July 27, 1983 Madonna released her self-titled debut album and it went 5x platinum
- What's the 411? by Mary J. Blige and executive produced by P. Diddy was released on July 28, 1992. The album sold 3 million copies
- Alice in Wonderland was released in 1951 by Walt Disney
- Academy award winning Slumdog Millionaire premiered at the Telluride Film Festival in 2008
- Tony Hawk made history in 1999 as the first skateboarder to land "The 900"