Madonna had a busy saturday. Before she flew to Miami to storm the stage at Ultra Fest, she sat down with Jimmy Fallon in New York City for her one and only interview in support of her new album, MDNA, out Monday. "I thought it would be best to talk to my fans," Madge told Fallon during the Q&A, which was live streamed from Madonna's Facebook page. It's an action packed interview for sure -- here are the six most interesting revelations.
6. Jimmy Fallon can't dance. Before kicking off the interview, Fallon plays his favorite track ("Love Spent") and admits he can't dance. He then scores dance lessons from Madonna, who grooves and gyrates in her skin-tight black leather pants. Girl can dance; dude can't. The universe continues on path.
5. Madonna fans are universally hilarious. The first question comes from Diego in Buenos Aires: "Madonna, you sound as cool as all those artists out there now. You did it again, bitch!" Laughter erupts in the live TV audience. "What's your favorite song on the album?" Madonna replies, "Gang Bang." She then admits she wanted Quentin Tarantino to direct its music video, since he inspired the song. She's already written the treatment, which takes place in a motel.
4. Madonna thinks Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. are "bad-ass bitches." When asked why she worked with them on MDNA, she added, "I think they’re both smart, clever, they have strength. They don’t just play on their sexuality or being cute. They’re not ingénues. They’re tough girls and they’re smart. I wouldn't mess with them."
3. Madonna hints at world tour. When a fan asks when she's coming to Brazil next, she says soon. "You're going on a South American tour?" asks Fallon. "No, I'm doing a world tour and I will also be in South America," she replies. "It's one of the best places to play." She later added that she acquired a few bruises from learning how to do a slackline during tour rehearsals.
2. Madonna should be elected president. When a fan asked what she'd do if she were Commander in Chief, she said, "Well, when I am the president. I will first of all take all the money spent on defense and put it into education, so that schoolteachers get paid more money. It's scandalous how low their pay is. Gay marriage would be legal everywhere and accepted." Madonna 4 Prez 2012!!!!!!!
1. Madonna is way into quantum physics. Whoa. "You know, like the big bang," she tells Fallon. The universe implodes.