While the official cause of Whitney Houston's death remains an accidental drowning, the final autopsy report released Wednesday confirms a "spoon with a white crystal like substance in it" was found in the singer's hotel room the night of her death, according to Associated Press.
Two weeks ago, investigators noticed a hole in Houston's nose, most likely the result of the singer's long history with drug abuse. As the final report notes, though:
"Investigators who scoured the room later found in the bathroom a 'spoon with a white crystal-like substance in it,' and a white powdery substance in a drawer and on a mirror. The report does not specifically identify the substances as cocaine, although toxicology tests discovered the drug in Houston's heart and extremities."
Houston had complained of a sore throat the night of her death and was advised by her assistant to take what would subsequently be a fatal bath before a pre-GRAMMY Awards party. Houston had already drowned by the time her assistant returned.
Toxicology results released earlier revealed the presence of marijuana, Xanax, Benadryl and the muscle relaxant Flexeril in her system, though investigators noted that none of these drugs were factors in her death.