Considering that the Allman Brothers Band are one of the most celebrated live acts of all time, it's fitting that the Southern rockers have turned their attention toward curating a brand new music festival. This August 10-12 in Scranton, PA, the inaugural Peach Music Festival takes over Montage Mountain with an incredible lineup that includes Zac Brown Band, Warren Haynes Band, Dark Star Orchestra, Tedeschi Trucks Band, O.A.R. and, of course, the Allman Brothers Band.
Here are the five reasons you can't afford to miss the Peach Music Festival.
1. The Allman Brothers Band are playing Friday AND Saturday. Which means you get a double dose of the band which produced one of the greatest live albums ever (At Fillmore East, duh) in an awesome outdoor setting. Plus, Warren Haynes is opening for himself, since the Warren Haynes Band goes on before ABB on Friday.
2. Catch Zac Brown Band hot off their Uncaged album. The Atlanta rockers just released their incredible new album, a genre-bending LP that demonstrates their considerable skill set. It even hit No. 1 on the Billboard album charts twice. If you haven't seen 'em live before, you'll get a chance to see why so many people flock to this band.
3. Wake up with Warren Haynes! No, not like that. The tireless guitar genius is treating sleepy-eyed fest-goers to the best wake-up call imaginable: He'll play solo as part of Sunday morning's "Wake Up With Warren" set. Awesome.
4. Camping! Given it's an outdoor fest located at the scenic Montage Mountain, you can pitch a tent near the fest grounds for 35 bucks or bring an RV for 100 clams. Even better, the fest provides drinking water, a wash station and a 24-hour cafeteria for those late-night snacking needs.
5. It's a Festival in Scranton, PA. How often can you check out a killer music festival in the hometown of Dunder Mifflin? It's just too bad Michael Scott's already skipped town.
Check out the full (unimpeachable) lineup for the Allman Brothers Band's Peach Music Festival over at their website to see why it's a must-attend event for August 10-12. And check out our slick Spotify playlist featuring 24 tracks from Peach Fest's headliners over here.