Remember Memorial Day when you were making all these summer plans that never happened? That beach house you were going to rent. That trip you were going to take. That novel you were going to read. Yeah, well, there goes that. The new unofficial end of the season is when Spotify releases their most streamed tracks of the summer, as the streaming music service recently did. By its very nature, the list is a compendium of ubiquitous pop and dance songs you may like, but probably never want to hear again, including Fun.'s "We Are Young" and Gotye's "Somebody that I Used to Know."
So here's a suggestion: Listen to this playlist once and retire these songs in preparation for the fall. Or if you're already sick of every track, I offer up this classic rock alternative. Win win, I suppose. The full list:
1. Fun. feat. Janelle Monáe – "We Are Young"
2. Flo Rida – "Whistle"
3. Carly Rae Jepsen – "Call Me Maybe"
4. Train – "Drive By"
5. Gotye – "Somebody That I Used To Know"
6. Rudimental feat. John Newman – "Feel The Love"
7. Alex Clare – "Too Close"
8. Coldplay – "Princess of China"
9. Rita Ora feat. Tinie Tempah – "R.I.P"
10. David Guetta feat. Sia– "Titanium"