Dallas Buyers Club, starring Matthew McConaughey as a Texan battling AIDS in the 1980s, currently holds a 92% approval ratings on Rotten Tomatoes. So yeah, we're looking forward to seeing it when it opens in theaters this Friday. But for today, we're proud to host the exclusive premiere of a harrowing song Atlanta indie rockers Manchester Orchestra contributed to the Dallas Buyers Club soundtrack.
Entitled "After the Scripture," this reflective song melds reverb-y atmospherics with Andy Hull's melancholy, yearning voice to create a restrained but devastating experience. Manchester Orchestra really knocked this one out of the park. Listen to it above.
The full Dallas Buyers Club soundtrack is available Tuesday and features brand new material from My Morning Jacket as well as Thirty Seconds to Mars, which is fitting since Jared Leto co-stars with McConaughey in this film. Check out the full tracklist below.
1. Shuggie Otis "Sweet Thang"
2. The Naked and the Famous "Following Morning" (New Song)
3. The Airborne Toxic Event "Hell and Back" (New Song)
4. My Morning Jacket "Ready To Be Called On" (New Song)
5. Blondfire "Life of the Party" (New Song)
6. Fitz and the Tantrums "The Walker" (Reyland Allison Remix) (New Remix)
7. Tegan and Sara "Shudder To Think" (New Song)
8. Neon Trees "Mad Love" (Acoustic) (New Version)
9. Portugal. The Man "Main Man"
10. Capital Cities "Stayin Alive" (New Song)
11. Cold War Kids "Romance Languages"
12. AWOLNATION "Burn It Down" (Innerpartysystem remix) (New Remix)
13. Manchester Orchestra "After the Scripture" (New Song)
14. Thirty Seconds To Mars "City of Angels" (Acoustic) (New Version)
15. T. Rex "Main Man"
16. T. Rex "Life is Strange"