In the three years since One Direction were formed on the UK version of The X Factor, the quintet have become global pop sensations, and it's all thanks to their tireless fans, aka The Directioners. Today those screaming hordes of teenage girls celebrate the early leak of 1D's third album, Midnight Memories, ahead of its official November 25 release. So how is it? Well...
On the band's latest release, 1D stick to their winning formula, aka making every girl feel like Harry, Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn are singing directly to them. Hey, the loyal Directioners have earned it. In trade for romantic lyrics, catchy hooks and dashing good looks, this dedicated, supportive and, yes, obsessive fan base have helped 1D sell out tours and top the charts worldwide. Midnight Memories is their "Thank You" love note (er, text?).
But musical growth is evident on Midnight Memories, too. The boys dabble in new wave ("Diana") and folk ("Through the Dark"), and almost drop a swear word: "People talk shhhh / But we don't listen," they sing on the title track. But all in all, 1D's third album further fuels the fanfare and fantasies of the fans.
To celebrate the release of Midnight Memories, Fuse pulled the 10 most lovey-dovey lyrics on the record.
10. "My hands, your hands / Tight up like two ships drifting / Weightless, waves try to break it / I'd do anything to save it" —"Strong."
9. "If this room was burning / I wouldn't even notice / 'Cause you've been taking up my mind" —"Little White Lies."
8. "So baby hold on to my heart / Need you to keep me from falling apart / I'll always hold on / 'Cause you make me strong" —"Strong."
7. "I wish that I could take you to the stars / I'd never let you fall and break your heart / And if you wanna cry or fall apart / I'll be there to hold you" —"Through the Dark."
6. "Let me be the one to lift your heart up and save your life / I don't think you even realize baby you'd be saving mine" —"Diana."
5. "I will carry you over fire and water for your love / And I will hold you closer / Hope your heart is strong enough" —"Through the Dark."
4. "Nothing can come between you and I / Not even the gods above can separate the two of us" —"You and I."
3. "My heart, your heart / Sit tight like bookends / Pages between us / Written with no end" —"Strong."
2. "But don't burn out / Even if you scream and shout / It will come back to you / And I'll be here for you" —"Through the Dark."
1. "Everytime we touch / I'm all shook up / You make me wanna sigh / How deep is your love? / God only knows, baby" —"Better Than Words."
Now, prove yourself a true Directioner with the Ultimate One Direction Quiz.