San Diego, move over—it's New York City's time to shine! Comic Con is headed to NYC's neck of the woods, and we couldn't be more excited. For first-timers and even vets, the giant nerd event can be a challenge to navigate. Don't fret, young cosplayers! We've got you covered. Here's everything you need to make the most of your weekend.
The 2015 New York Comic Con takes place at the Javits Center on the west side of Manhattan. It can be a bit of a hike to get to, but the new 7 train stop at 34th Street/Hudson Yards makes it's super easy...it gets out just a block away from the venue! You can also take the A, C, E, 1, 2 or 3 subway lines to 34th St–Penn Station and walk a handful of avenue blooks...or take a shuttle from Grand Central and Penn Station.
IF YOU'RE DRIVING
From the North (Westchester, Connecticut, Massachusetts)
95 South (via the Cross-Bronx Expressway) to the George Washington Bridge. At approach to bridge, bear right to lower level. Exit at the last exit in New York–Parkway South–9A. Follow Parkway South (Henry Hudson Parkway/West Side Highway) to 42nd Street. Turn left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right.
Saw Mill River Parkway/Henry Hudson Parkway/Route 9A: Follow 9A South to 42nd Street. Turn Left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right. New York State Thruway/Major Deegan Expressway/Route 87: Major Deegan Expressway to George Washington Bridge exit. Stay in right lane towards lower level. Exit at the last exit in New York–Parkway South–9A. Follow Parkway South (Henry Hudson Parkway/West Side Highway) to 42nd Street. Turn left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right.
From the South (New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, etc.)
95 North to the New Jersey Turnpike. Exit at the Lincoln Tunnel. When exiting the tunnel, bear left. Follow signs for uptown or northbound to 42nd Street. Turn left onto 42nd Street until you reach 11th Avenue and turn left. George Washington Bridge to Parkway South– 9A. At 42nd Street, turn left. Go one block to 11th Avenue and turn right
From Queens and Long Island
Queens-Midtown Tunnel: Take Southbound or Downtown exit to 34th Street and turn right. Go west and turn right on 11th Avenue. Queensboro/59th Street Bridge: Take 60/61st Street Exit. Go to 5th Avenue alongside Central Park to 59th Street. Turn right onto 59th Street to 7th Avenue and turn left. Go two blocks to 57th Street and turn right. Follow 57th Street to 11th Avenue and turn left. The Center is between 34th and 38th streets.
From Staten Island
Verrazano-Narrows Bridge eastbound to the Gowanus Expressway, to the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel. Exit westbound to the West Side Highway/12th Avenue. At 34th Street, turn right. Go one block to 11th Avenue and take a left.
WHAT TO BRING
The Comic Con site has you covered on this one:
- Swag Bag – this guy will hold all of your awesome NYCC exclusives you pick up throughout the Show.
- Backpack/Resealable Bag – to hide the precious items only for your eyes
- Refillable water bottle – so you don’t have to wait in line to buy water and you’ll never come close to dehydration. No one wants that. Fill up and drink up!
- Survival kit – the necessities you don’t think about until you need them: tissues, hand sanitizer, Band-Aids, aspirin, chapstick
- Camera – you’ll want to snap a pic of all the awesome costumes!Several comic book bags and boards to insure your exclusive comics get home in grade A condition.
- Snacks – Because Javits food is expensive and lines are long!
- Deodorant/Antiperspirants – not just for you but for the guy standing next to you as well
- Power – A long day at NYCC can quickly drain those devices in your pocket. Bring your chargers with you!iPhone, iPad, Droid, Gameboy, Tamogatchi – whatever web enabled device you need to download the NYCC App
KNOW THE SCHEDULE
Thursday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 10:30 AM – 10:00 PM
Friday: 10:30 AM – 10:00 PM
Saturday: 10:30 AM – 10:00 PM
Sunday: 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM
NYCC Panels at the Hammerstein Ballroom Hours
Friday: 11:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
*You must have a valid NYCC Badge to enter.
Artist Alley Hour
Thursday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Have fun, young nerds! Stay tuned to Fuse for the latest on New York Comic Con.