Move over, Kid Cudi, Coldplay, Troye Sivan and G-Eazy: The late Pimp C also has a record coming December 4. The Houston king—still, in 2015, steadily name-checked on top-tier rap tracks—died in 2007 at the much-too-young age of 33.
The new album, Long Live the Pimp, is the rapper's fifth posthumous LP, and the first since 2011's Still Pimping. Although the disc is billed as a Pimp C affair, his UGK partner Bun B will show up twice. As will Nas, A$AP Rocky (via a repurpose of his A.L.L.A. track "Wavybone"), Juicy J (thrice), T.I., Ty Dolla $ign, Devin the Dude and a handful more.
Today we get a first taste of the disc, too, one featuring Lil Wayne. The beautifully produced "3 Way Freak" is a nonstop sex-rap, not for the faint of heart or those looking for long-walk-on-the-beach-style romance. Some of the more family-friendly lines are Pimp's "my dick is famous" and Weezy's "the dick is A-plus." Dicks!
If you preorder the album, you'll get "3 Way Freak" as an instant download.
Here's the full Long Live the Pimp tracklist:
1. "Long Live the Pimp"
2. "3 Way Freak" [feat. Lil Wayne]
3. "Ain't Said Shit" [feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Devin the Dude]
4. "Wavybone" [feat. A$AP Rocky, Juicy J & Bun B]
5. "Spittin' Game" (Interlude)
6. "Trill" [feat. A'doni, Slim Thug, Esg & Lil Keke]
7. "Bitch Get Down" [feat. Bun B, 8Ball & MJG]
8. "Payday" [feat. Juicy J]
9. "Slab Music" [feat. Lil Keke]
10. "True to the Game" [feat. David Banner]
11. "Triflin' Hoe (Interlude)"
12. "To Lose a Whore"
13. "Friends" [feat. Juicy J & Nas]
15. "Butta Cookies"
16. "Country Thang" (Outro)
17. "Twerk Something" [feat. T.I.] (iTunes bonus track)
A press release explains that Long Live the Pimp was assembled by the rapper's widow, Chinara Butler. She says of the album:
“This album is the culmination of years of work from not just me, but also the amazing artists and producers who contributed to make it happen. It combines several of the ideas and projects my husband began before his untimely passing. We hope the Trill fans enjoy it."
Can't wait. R.I.P. Pimp C.