(UPDATE 5:34 P.M.): Someone has actually shelled out $25,000 to join Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo in the Galapagos for a very, very expense vacation. Did we mention that the 25K doesn't cover Cuomo's expenses, and this lucky fan will have to front those, too? Wowzers. The proof is in the Facebook post.
(Original Story: January 21, 12:04 P.M.): Are you a very rich Weezer fan? Did you just win the Powerball? Do you have an inexplicable amount of expendable income? We've got the thing for you!
Weezer is offering an "experience bundle" for their next LP, Weezer (already dubbed 'The White Album'), for the low, low price of $25,000. You'll get the record, sure, but you'll also get so, so much more...including a vacation with frontman Rivers Cuomo. Seriously.
Here's what it'll get you--please note that you have to pay for Rivers' expenses on top of the $25,000:
- Take a Greyhound to the Galapagos with Rivers, where you'll stay only for a limited time
- Once you get to the islands, you'll go bird-watching to try and find the elusive White-cheeked pintail
- You'll go on a catamaran ride to Charles Darwin Research Station
- Sing "the British are coming" with Rivers in the Galapagos but replace every lyric about "old king george" to "lonesome george"
- Enjoy your complimentary signed copy of the album and a pair of tickets to see the band on their summer tour with Panic! At The Disco
- Finally, you will be named King of the World for a day
There you have it! Start saving now. While we've got your attention, take our super fun quiz: Which Rivers Is Older? The dude just does not age.