For those of you who can't get enough of Charlie's Angels, even after the original TV show was rebooted as a film franchise in the early aughts, good news! Sony has confirmed the rumors that Charlie's Angels will return to the silver screen, with Elizabeth Banks directing, according to Entertainment Weekly.
At CinemaCon 2016, the studio made a slew of announced. Besides Charlie's Angels, we'll be getting Ang Lee’s Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk and Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence's space adventure movie, Passengers. Other announcements:
- Trainspotting 2 will start filming in May
- Hotel Transylvania will get yet another sequel
- Smurfs will get another sequel called The Lost Village, starring Demi Lovato
- We'll be getting some sort of nativity-themed movie
- Drumroll please... be prepared for The Emoji Movie, because that's happening
- The Angry Birds Movie is set for May
- “MIB 23,” which is perhaps not the real title, is going to be a Men in Black/ 21 Jumpstreet crossover
- Sony confirmed The Girl Who Played with Fire, a RoboTech movie directed by James Wan and a Barbie movie.
- Dan Aykroyd plays a taxi driver in the new Ghostbusters