Perhaps you already thought Nicki Minaj and Fifth Harmony were a perfect musical match. But when 5H's Dinah Jane Hansen suggested that they had a track in mind for Minaj last year, we wanted them to work together IRL.
Fifth Harmony revealed the track list for their upcoming 7/27 on Thursday (April 28), and sadly, it's devoid of Nicki (although it does feature Missy Elliott, Ty Dolla $ign and Fetty Wap). Thankfully, though, some fans made the collaboration happen on their own... with some quick mash-up magic.
Here are some Nicki and 5H fan-made Internet mash-ups that prove that we need this collaboration for real. Some of them are really good. And some of them are, well... listen for yourself:
1. This quick snippet lays Nicki's verse from her remix of Maroon 5's "Sugar" over "Work from Home"
2. "Reflection" meets Nicki's verse from Ciara's "I'm Out"
3. "Going Nowhere" + "Pills N Potions" = this
4. This one mixes "Anaconda" with "Worth It"
5. A little "Your Love" thrown over some "Reflection"
6. This experimentation is all over the place, and links up "Reflection" with "All Things Go"
7. This dope mash-up adds Big Sean to the mix too
8. Proof that the "Worth It" beat can be used with pretty much everything, including "Bang Bang"