After weeks of speculation, the cause of Prince's death has now been revealed. According to the Associated Press, tests shared with law enforcement officials state the icon died from an overdose of the opioid Fentanyl.
The 57-year-old artist was found dead in his Minnesota estate on April 21. Following his passing, investigators looked into reports of Prince abusing painkillers and whether or not a doctor was prescribing him medication.
Last month, it was reported that Prince was going to meet with a specialist on April 22, just one day before his death. Since the artist doesn't have a will, his estate will be divided between his sister, Tyka Nelson, and his five half-siblings.