The great thing about the Made in America 2016 lineup is that it's filled with rappers and R&B singers, so I knew I was in for a very energetic weekend. Thanks to Lil Wayne and 2 Chainz, their ColleGrove performance blew the lit levels in Philadelphia through the roof.
While the two rapper friends performed some tracks off their banging collaborative album, they didn't skimp on playing almost all of their biggest hits. The bass kept blasting through the speakers as Weezy and 2 Chainz ripped through their extensive catalogue with these fan favorites: "No Lie," "Duffle Bag Boy," "A Milli," "Gotta Lotta," "I'm Going In," "HYFR," "The Motto" and an overwhelming amount of others. Rumors circled that Weezy will be officially retiring from music. If true, he gave the MIA festival one hell of a farewell performance.
There were so many memorable moments from the guys' fiery set, but I managed to gather the 10 best (and most turnt up) parts of the performance:
1. A little serenade: See Weezy singing his heart out to stripper anthems like "Bandz A Make Her Dance" and "Lollipop" was truly heart-warming.
2. Sea of applause: The chills ran high when Lil Wayne entered the stage to the first collaboration that he and 2 Chainz ever did, 2007's "Duffle Bag Boy" with Playaz Circle.
3. A bit overwhelmed: At one point, Weezy stopped and gazed at the audience before he exclaimed this line: "Y'all turnt like a motherfucker! Damn!"
4. Bust a move: Watching the two rappers showing off their club-ready dance moves displayed their fun friendship.
5. Bounce it: Almost all the ladies around me began to drop it very low and twerk it as soon as "Pop That" came on.
6. Repping Philly: In a major surprise moment, the rappers brought out Philly's own Freeway. He worked the stage with his 2003 hit, "What We Do."
7. Karaoke time: Their performance of 2013's "F--kin' Problems" called for a booming singalong from the audience.
8. B-tch stole my look: 2 Chainz and Weezy looked like a brotherly pair as they rocked the same all-black out, complete with massive diamond chains.
9. Smiles all around: Despite his recent health scares and conflicts with his record label, Weezy couldn't help but flash his sparkly grin all throughout the performance. It was great to see him so happy while in his element.
10. A team effort: Even the accompanying DJs couldn't help but to break out into a dance and sing along to all the songs. It was a wild backyard party, and no one wanted it to end.
Below, watch a throwback Fuse interview with 2 Chainz: