- Fuse to Target “New Young Americans” with Music, Comedy, Culture and Lifestyle Content that Appeals to 18-34 Audience
- Line-up to Feature “Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce,” “SKEE TV,” “White Guy Talk Show” with Additional Series in Development from Jennifer Lopez, Gabriel Iglesias and Wilmer Valderrama
- 2015 Programming for NUVOtv to Include Returning Boxing Competition “Knockout”and Several Comedy Specials
NEW YORK AND LOS ANGELES – March 4, 2015 – Fuse Media, Inc., parent company of Fuse and NUVOtv networks, announced today that Fuse (www.fuse.tv) is kicking off the upfront season with a line-up of new and returning original programming that will roll out throughout 2015, leading up to the launch of a new look and feel this fall. Designed to appeal to New Young Americans (NYAs) – the fast-growing, culturally-diverse audience defined as influencers and tastemakers, ages 18-34 – this programming will extend beyond music to reflect a new attitude that is sexy, edgy, relevant and honest.
Among the new programming premiering throughout the next few months is White Guy Talk Show, a daily pop culture talk show featuring a diverse cast and writing staff. Debuting this week, the show is hosted by comedians Grace Parra and Saurin Choksi and executive produced by Brian McCann (Conan). White Guy Talk Show celebrates music, movies, TV and all things pop culture from a point of view that's 100% new to the talk show world and will air weeknights at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.
Also green-lit for 2015 is SKEE TV, a new series starring award-winning DJ, producer, digital media pioneer and entrepreneur DJ SKEE. Premiering on April 9 at 11 p.m. ET/PT, SKEE TV will air weekly on Thursdays and provide insider access into the world of music with interviews and live performances as well as cover the trends in tech, culture and style.
Returning to the Fuse line-up is Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce, the best-rated original series in Fuse history, which Slate recently called “genuinely charming” and “the sweetest 22 minutes on television.” The third season, bringing viewers into the New Orleans underground hip hop scene, debuted on February 25 at 11 p.m. ET/PT as the most watched original series premiere in the 12-year-history of Fuse. Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce airs new episodes weekly on Wednesdays, and season four is premiering this fall.
Also this fall, and to further target the New Young American audience, Fuse Media, Inc. will launch a new network, named FM. The cable and digital media brand will deliver an innovative programming line-up with music at its core and a focus on up-and-coming, young, diverse talent. Linear and digital programming plans for FM will be announced at a later date.
“From the biggest events and festivals that make the music landscape so compelling, to unique looks at artists and performers pushing boundaries in comedy, fashion, digital and beyond, Fuse will bring New Young Americans the content that fuels their passion, and converts fans into influencers,” said Fuse Media, Inc. President Bill Hilary. “Our new line-up reflects the interests and diversity of a Millennial generation who set their own trends and whose tastes know no cultural boundaries."
Additionally, Fuse is announcing several series in development, including an unscripted show from Jennifer Lopez’ Nuyorican Productions and a scripted, animated comedy from the mind of comedian Gabriel Iglesias. Meanwhile, NUVOtv’s new 2015 programming will include a new season of docu-series boxing competition Knockout along with several comedy specials. Full descriptions can be found below.
“Fuse is well positioned for growth heading into the upfront season, with a clear vision that will take the brand to new heights in 2015/16,” said Fuse Media, Inc. EVP, Advertising Sales & Integrated Marketing Jason Miller. “With our expanded content lineup, influential talent and must see live events, Fuse is providing more touch points than ever before to engage and connect with this generation of New Young Americans everywhere they are. We look forward to drilling deeper into this vision as we begin meetings with the top agencies and clients in the coming weeks.”
FUSE 2015-16 SLATE
- White Guy Talk Show (new series), a daily pop culture talk show with a diverse cast and writing staff, White Guy Talk Show celebrates the things we all love about music, movies, trending social media, celebrity and tech news, but from a point of view that’s 100% unique to the talk show world: a younger, multicultural and Millennial point of view. With a day-and-date production schedule, White Guy Talk Show will even cover the occasional news story when it is relevant to our audience. The half-hour show will catch angles other shows miss, make jokes other shows can’t and ask our celebrity guests the questions no one else is asking. Series premiered on Monday, March 2 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT. Executive produced by Brian McCann (Conan), White Guy Talk Show is a Fuse Networks production.
- SKEE TV (new series), hosted and curated by award-winning DJ, producer, digital media pioneer and entrepreneur DJ SKEE, this new series provides a peek into the world of Verge Culture at the intersection of music, sports, fashion, tech and style with one of the most influential figures in the entertainment industry today. This series provides the insider access into the trends and trendsetters of tomorrow. Premieres on Thursday, April 9 at 11 p.m. ET/PT. SKEE TV is a SKEEmatic production.
- Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce (Season 3 & 4), the most popular series in Fuse history, was renewed last year for two seasons. With local hero and compelling personality Big Freedia as its guide, Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce is an unscripted series that explores the world of the New Orleans underground hip hop scene known as "Bounce.” Season 3 premiered on Wednesday, February 25 at 11 p.m. ET/PT with Season 4 returning in the fall. Executive produced by Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato and Tom Campbell of World of Wonder (RuPaul's Drag Race, Million Dollar Listing, Life with La Toya).
- Hey! It’s Fluffy (new series) – A scripted series from the mind of comedian Gabriel Iglesias, the hottest and fluffiest Latino comic touring the world today. Take a stroll down memory lane and a walk on the wild side as this irreverent animated comedy goes way back to the young adventures of this larger than life comic. Produced by The Fluffy Shop (The Fluffy Movie).
- King of the Floor (new series) – Hosted and executive produced by Wilmer Valderrama, King of the Floor is a competition series that seeks to find the best street dancer in America. Produced by Electus Productions (Marco Polo, Jane the Virgin).
- Transcendent (new series) – The beautiful girls who perform at the Asia SF Cabaret & Restaurant in San Francisco have two things in common: they’re all talented, and they were all born boys. Transcendent documents the struggles and triumphs of what it’s like to be transgender in America today. World of Wonder Production (Million Dollar Listing, RuPaul’s Drag Race, Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce, Life with LaToya, Wishful Drinking).
- Saturday Morning Fever (new series) – Every Saturday morning dozens of hopeful teens and young adults line up outside a local Philadelphia TV station for a chance to shake it live on Dancing on Air - America’s only remaining weekly dance show (in the spirit of Soul Train and The Grind). For a few hours a week, these young dancers are given the opportunity to forget their dreary 9 to 5’s and live their dream of (very minor) stardom. Produced by Relativity Media (Catfish, Restaurant Stakeout, The American Bible Challenge, Writer’s Room).
- TBD Nuyorican Series (new series) – Also in development is a new unscripted series being executive produced by entertainment icon Jennifer Lopez under her Nuyorican Productions banner.
NUVOTV 2015 SLATE
Additionally, the NUVOtv brand will continue to premiere new original programming throughout most of 2015, before being phased out this fall. This programming will include:
- Original Comedy Specials – In partnership with Levity Entertainment Group (LEG), which owns some of the nation’s most recognizable standup comedy establishments including The Improv and the Levity Live Comedy Clubs, NUVOtv is bringing its viewers several one-hour comedy specials. Next up and premiering on March 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT is Steve Brown: Yeah, I Talk Like This. Live from New York, Brown brings his high-pitched voice to his hilarious first comedy special. Detroit born and Southern raised, Brown brings soulful humor to create hilariously inventive characteristics that we can all relate to. Additional comedy specials to be announced for Q2 and Q3.
- Knockout (Season 2) – In this returning weekly competition docu-series like no other, rookie boxers will come to Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut and train with legends of the ring. Floyd Mayweather Sr. and “Sugar” Shane Mosley will test their limits and show them what it takes to be a champion. Premieres Wednesday, June 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT. Produced by Steve Marcano Holdings. Directed by Benny Boom (BET’s Music Video Director of the Year).
About Fuse Media, Inc.
Fuse Media, Inc. provides entertainment and lifestyle content across traditional and digital platforms that appeal to the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, multicultural 18-34 audience. The company’s holdings include the national music cable network Fuse, and NUVOtv, the leader in providing English-language entertainment for U.S. Latinos, embodying the spirit, energy and richness of modern Latino culture. In the fourth quarter of 2015, Fuse Media will launch FM, a cable network and digital media brand that will feature a programming line-up with music at its core. For more information, visit www.fuse.tv/press.
# # #
Diane Castro Don Ciaramella or Matt Biscuiti
Fuse Media, Inc. The Lippin Group
DCastro@fuse.tv (212) 986-7080 – office
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com