23 Celebrities Who Love BTS
BTS is the massively popular K-pop boy band whose wide-ranging sounds and song topics have inspired a huge fandom both around the world and, now, in Hollywood. With their latest album Love Yourself: Her going Top 10 in America, new single "DNA" being a certified chart hit and the guys wowing everyone with their U.S. television debut at the 2017 American Music Awards take a look at just a handful of other celebrities who are ready to join their official fan club.
1. The Chainsmokers: After meeting the K-pop boy band at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards, the "Closer" hitmakers worked on the song "Best of Me" featured on BTS' 'Love Yourself: Her' album. BTS returned the favor and performed as surprise guests at a Chainsmokers' Seoul concert in 2017.
2. Halsey: The alt-pop singer congratulated BTS on winning Top Social Artist at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards, sharing on Instagram: "Congrats on the win guys! This is a massive moment for K-pop! Love!" She met up with BTS a few days later to gift them with a box of churros after hearing they loved them.
3. Ansel Elgort: The Divergent actor and DJ visited South Korea to promote his 2017 Baby Driver film and met up with BTS members Rap Monster and V. "They are really the nicest dudes," Elgort wrote on Twitter.
4. Wale: After coming across a clip of BTS' Rap Monster freestyling over the DC rapper's "Illest Bitch" track, Wale linked up with the group's leader to record and shoot a music video for their politically charged track "Change."
5. Charli XCX: After performing at a Korean music festival, Charli XCX hung out with BTS to take some photos, writing on Twitter, "Love u guys." She also shared a fanmade-edit of her "Boys" video that featured only BTS members writing, "I loveeeee this!"
6. Camila Cabello: The Fifth Harmony-member-turned-solo-star met up the band backstage at the 2017 BBMAs. When a Cabello fansite shared photos of the two together, Camila said that the boys "are soooo sweet."
7. Steve Aoki: The DJ-producer has been a staunch supporter of the band, teasing new music with the group and hinting that they're working together in the fashion and production world too.
8. Charlie Puth: After BTS member Jungkook covered the pop star's "We Don't Talk Anymore," Puth himself caught wind of the Bangtan mania and shared the cover. He later followed up saying that he was a fan of BTS too.
I really like BTS's music.— Charlie Puth (@charlieputh) March 25, 2017
9. Major Lazer: Some listeners said the music on BTS' Wings album recalled the world sounds crafted by Major Lazer so it only made sense that Rap Monster and Jungkook looked like longtime friends when Diplo, Jillionaire and Walshy Fire met up with the guys in Korea.
10. Kehlani: The BTS guys have shared that Kehlani is a major inspiration for them and have shared her songs on multiple recommended playlists. Kehlani has told the band they should "holler" at her for a collab.
11. Zedd: The EDM hitmaker heard that BTS was a fan...and then showed that he too was a fan and offered the chance for them to collaborate via a sweet Twitter message.
@BTS_twt hi guys. I hear u wanna collaborate with me. Let’s do it. :)— Zedd (@Zedd) November 17, 2017
12. DNCE: Joe Jonas and his band mates shared on Twitter that they are down for a collaboration.
13. Jared Leto: The Oscar winner and Thirty Seconds to Mars singer was set to present an award after BTS made their U.S. television debut on the American Music Awards, but was visibly shook from the boy band's stellar performance. Leto later tweeted out this response:
14. Khalid: The rising R&B-pop star met up with the boys backstage at the 2017 AMAs and BTS shared this group shot to their 10 million-plus followers.
15. Laura Marano: The actress-singer met with BTS before their big Billboard Music Awards debut to learn a bit of the band's famous choreography.
16. Marshmello: The future-bass producer sent a cute group shot saying how happy he was to meet the K-pop sensations on the red carpet at the 2017 AMAs.
17. Rachel Platten: The "Fight Song" singer got close with the guys—especally RM—behind the scenes at the 2017 American Music Awards, saying that she shared some stage advice for the guys before their U.S. television debut.
18. Gallant: BTS have long been fans of the R&B singer and they finally connected for a little singalong at the Mnet Asian Music Awards in late 2016.
19. Tinashe: BTS member J-Hope has long expressed his admiration for Tinashe and the R&B-pop star is more than down for a collaboration.
20. Warren G: The veteran rapper/producer was an early believer in BTS, guest starring in the group's American Hustle Life reality show where he gave the guys important lessons in West Coast hip-hop culture and strong critiques. Rap Monster and Warren G later collaborated on the song "P.D.D."
21. Post Malone: BTS are big fans of the rapper and got a chance to meet him at the 2017 American Music Awards. During their appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the group revealed they'd love to collaborate with him soon.
22. Desiigner: The rapper connected with BTS at the 2017 Billboard Music Awards. Their meet-up later transformed into a huge international collaboration with Steve Aoki's "Mic Drop" remix.
23: Tracee Ellis Ross: The guys were the big stars at the 2017 American Music Awards, where they made their anticipated live U.S. performance debut. The celebrities were just as excited as the Army to see BTS in action, and Black-ish star even snagged a photo with them! "Got to meet @BTS_twt at the @AMAS! #AMAs #FBF," she tweeted.